Joanna Connolly Solicitors is a sole practitioner law firm with a commitment to providing exceptional service, specialising in the areas of Consumer Credit, Defending County Court Money Claims, Insolvency and Contentious Probate. We offer a professional friendly service with a clear pricing structure. Joanna Connolly (LLB Hons) is a Solicitor Advocate – a solicitor with Higher Rights of Audience who is qualified to represent clients as an Advocate in the higher courts in England and Wales.
Joanna was previously Head of Consumer Credit Litigation at MSB Solicitors and has had extensive litigation experience both at County Court and High Court level. Joanna had conduct of the lead Section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 High Court case Carey v HSBC Bank Plc  EWHC 3417 (QB) as well as cases in the Court of Appeal.
We are specialist solicitors who always put our clients’ interests first. Unlike some debt advisory services, solicitors and direct access barristers, we do not act for, or work with banks, lending institutions or debt purchasers which enables us to focus 100% on achieving the best possible outcome for you.
We act for clients nationwide in:
- Defending claims issued in the county court for consumer credit debts by Banks and Lenders. These include loan agreements, credit card agreements, hire purchase agreements and current account overdrafts. These claims are often issued by debt purchasing companies such as Cabot, Lowells, PRA Group, Hoist Portfolio, Arrow and others.
- Applications to set aside default judgment
- Defending Summary Judgment applications
- Applications to set aside Statutory demands issued by creditors.
- Appealing judgments ordered at a hearing
- Data Protection Act issues which includes creditors, lenders and debt purchasers making incorrect reports to the credit reference agencies.
- Court proceedings issued to enforce personal guarantees
- Financial Mis-selling and Unfair Relationships in financial mis-selling in individual agreements and in consolidation transactions, including PPI mis-selling, mis-selling of second mortgages or unregistered first mortgages, Timeshare claims and the developing area of law in “Unfair Relationship”.
- Mortgage Mis-selling of first mortgages by brokers and lenders in respect of first mortgages both in negligence and under the Mortgage Code pre-regulation and since November 2004 claims for damages under FSMA 2000 S150 for breach of MCOB.
We are also able to advise and, where appropriate, provide representation on areas including:
- Breach of contract disputes
- Will Disputes & Inheritance Act Claims
Unlike some debt advisory services, we are a specialist solicitors and do not work in conjunction with lenders. This enables us to focus 100% on achieving the best possible outcome for you.
CONSUMER CREDIT & COUNTY COURT MONEY CLAIM DEFENCE
Joanna Connolly Solicitors specialises in defending clients who are either being threatened with, or have been issued, with county court proceedings relating to consumer credit debts and money claims, which include loans, credit cards and hire purchase agreements that are regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Defend summary judgment applications and make applications to set aside default judgments and statutory demands made under Section 268(1)(a) of the insolvency Act 1986.
- Advise and defend clients with commercial loans (not limited companies) that are not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 but still have the benefit of the protections of section.140A of the Act, more commonly known as “Unfair Relationship” protections.
- Advise on claims under section75 Consumer Credit Act 1974 where in certain circumstances, creditors can be held liable where goods and services have been purchased using credit
- Advise on Appeals where clients have previously been acting as litigants in person
- In cases where there is no defence or little prospect of success, we can also negotiate settlement terms with your creditor on your behalf. This can in many cases result in a Tomlin Order, under which a reduced amount is agreed, payable at a rate you can afford, without a County Court Judgement entered against you.
We can also offer advice and representation on a fixed fee basis should you or your home be threatened with legal action, charging orders, sale orders or repossession. If you have any issues relating to consumer credit, consumer issues, debt, , defaults at the credit reference agencies etc
Call us on 0330 053 9340 for full details.
When there is a dispute involving inheritance and the validity of a will in the UK, it is classed as Contentious Probate. It is also known as a Will Dispute. Every year, many people find themselves in situations whereby they come across issues with contentious probate. Joanna Connolly Solicitors are experienced in contentious probate matters. If you have a potential inheritance dispute, will dispute, are considering making a family provision claim or have any other concern regarding the administration of an estate or trust, we can help.
We take a non-adversarial approach to dispute resolution, with emphasis on the use of a clear, structured approach. We will work closely with you to ensure a careful consideration of the legal issues and assist in finding a practical solution to the problem.
Call us on 0330 053 9340 for full details.
POWER OF ATTORNEY
A well-drafted Power of Attorney will provide comfort for you and your family at a time when you may no longer be able to manage your own financial affairs or make important decisions about your health and welfare.
Loss of mental capacity to make such decisions may result from an illness or an accident from which an individual is temporarily or permanently unable to make decisions.
LPA’s replaced in 2007 Enduring Powers of Attorney. An LPA is a document that allows you to appoint someone to make decisions about your finances and/or healthcare at a time when you might not be in a position to be able to make those decisions yourself. The person making an LPA is known as a donor and the person they appoint is their attorney.
There are two different types of LPA that can be made:
- Property and Financial Affairs
- Health and Welfare
If you would like more information on the two types of LPA, please call us on 0330 053 9340.
Joanna Connolly is both an experienced solicitor and High Court Advocate and will accept instructions to attend court hearings, trials and Appeals in consumer credit cases.
If you would like more information please call us on 0330 053 9340 for further information.